1. It’s our responsibility as Believers to know God for ourselves outside of our teachers. We should always be a student of the Word, know the difference between right and wrong, and learn to cast our cares upon God. The Lord is our defender and vindicator.
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” Romans 12:19 KJV
2. We must be led by the Lord first and place complete confidence and truth in Him so when someone acts out of character, we’re able to know the difference between the carnal verses spiritual man. However, it is the Lord’s will for us lead by Him and Godly leadership. But if they don't uphold God’s standards, we are not permitted to continue under their leadership and self-serving standards. Jesus is our Lord, not any leader or any other person. Additionally, we must always stay in right standing with God, no matter who leads us.
“It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.” Psalms 118:8 KJV
3. Righteousness and holiness is the “prerequisite” for a true Believers life. Without which, we run the risk of playing “Russian Roulette” with our eternal life because Heaven is based on our acceptance of Jesus as Lord and savior, being born again, and upholding God’s standards and not our own. However, acceptance of Christ without God’s standards is the same as not accepting Him at all. God is His standards and precepts. It’s not just our talk; it’s our walk.
“Strive to live in peace with everybody and pursue that consecration and holiness without which no one will [ever] see the Lord.” Hebrews 12:14 AMPC
4. The Believer’s life is a daily walk. Satan and his demons work around the clock. With that being said, we can’t afford to take a day off from walking in obedience unto God.
“Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).” Philippians 2:12 AMPC
5. Keep away from carnal Christians and others who aren’t serious about godly living, keeping His commands, and maturing in Christ.
“Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” 1 Corinthians 15:33 KJV